123Read2Me - Free Community Book Program

Community Groups in and around Seaford
Forum rules
Play Nice ... Absolutely no swearing, abuse or unsavoury behaviour will be tolerated. Members of the public can view posts, but must register to make posts.

123Read2Me - Free Community Book Program

Postby Noel Tudball » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Melinda is a past member of the SCC who found that running her Free Community Book Program - 123Read2Me - took up all of her time. (Reading this, you won't be surprised.)

Most books are distributed to local disadvantaged children and donations of "gently loved" children's books are always needed. Melinda has placed over 30 boxes of children's books throughout the community and over half need refilling every week (see photo below).

Donations can be dropped off at any Lions Op Shop (Mordialloc and Boorondara), Harcourt's Real Estate in Seaford, The Frankston Toy Library and Bendigo Bank branches in Aspendale Gardens, Carrum Downs & Frankston.

Got a trailer load to donate or swap?
Contact Melinda:
- via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/123Read2Me
- 0431 608 144
- 123read2me@gmail.com

"Changing the Future One Book at a Time."
Melinda has now distributed 46,500+ children's books.

Melinda's books (and quite often, Melinda) are always available for swapping at the Seaford Community Committee stall at the monthly Seaford Farmers' Market http://www.seafordcc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=94 We are always very happy to promote the great work done by 123Read2Me at the Seaford Farmers Market every month. The kids check out the free books and we chat with the parents - and vice versa - a perfectly symbiotic relationship. :-) The stall also serves as a drop off point for books to be shared with other kids.

(Click on images to view & close)
123 WANTED.jpg
123 WANTED.jpg (280.4 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
Fish'n'Chip shop in Frankston North.png
Fish'n'Chip shop in Frankston North.png (950.69 KiB) Viewed 6071 times

Noel,
Chairman
SeafordCC@gmail.com

Facebook - click on the link in the top right-hand corner of this screen.

The Seaford Community Committee (SCC) aims to improve communication and create a stronger community in Seaford.

SCC website

Noel Tudball
Chairman

Return to Community Groups